Ku-Band Airborne BDC
Our airborne block downconverters (BDCs) for the Ku-band are built to support reliable in-flight connectivity and meet the extreme environmental conditions on aircraft. They come in two versions: fixed local oscillator (for a single Ku region) and multiple local oscillator (for multiple Ku regions). Like all Orbital BDCs, they enable high data rate applications with very low bit error rates.
- External referenced for stability
- Low phase noise for maximum data throughput
- Preset signal gains from 20 to 45 dB
- Linearity for higher-order modulation schemes
- Options for temperatures up to 70°C
These BDCs are for military and commercial airborne SATCOM applications and can help customers provide reliable in-flight wifi, communication and entertainment. Built to AS9100 standards, they are designed for high altitude operation, high vibration environments and extreme thermal cycles – and can operate either in-cabin or externally with the antennas.